Having a pleasant working environment motivates people to work harder. You would not feel motivated to work in an office with creaking doors, rusty sink or leaking faucet. While you can’t exchange your job for a better working space, you can improve it through these simple ways:
1. Recycle lotion bottle as a charging station. This way, you can avoid leaving your charger and phone lying on the floor. This reduces accidents and hides unsightly objects.
2. Label wires with bread tabs. Use your bread tabs to name each wire in an otherwise tangled mess of cables in your desktop or in your power outlet. With these labels, no one will get confused.
3. Place office water coolers in noticeable places. Clean & Clear Water Filters reminds everyone to stay hydrated, which is why these thirst-quenchers must be placed near everyone. With this, people will not go in and out of the office just to get their fill.
4. Replace your old calendar with chalk. It’s creative and ingenious. A chalk calendar is easy to manage as well. You’re being practical and earth-friendly because you don’t need to waste board and paper just to track down days.
5. Keep a non-work-related book on your desk. It makes you look like a more polished and assertive individual. Although these books are meant for display, they will show a different side of you.
6. A potted plant immediately changes the mood in an office. Aside from the fact that plants provide oxygen, they also make the space look cosier. Besides, taking care of a plant is something you could look forward to every day.
7. Give ideas for a new shade of paint. Keeping yellowing white paint for years makes the whole office look shabby. For a cooler atmosphere, choose pastel colours like canary yellow, cream or sky blue. These shades trick the mind into seeing wider space.
Improving your office space is no hard work. You just need a little creativity and a burst of will to set things in motion.